Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My thermostat is set on 74, has not gone below 77 in days

Customer Question

my thermostat is set on 74, has not gone below 77 in days and system is running continuously. Wondering how to clear system...I may have some programming on it that I don't know about. I do not want it programmed but do not see where it says I can clear it. I have a SA at top which I'm assuming means saturday. I just have it on 74 hold and thats what I would like to continue to do but during the day my inside temp goes to as high as 88 in here and during the night with system running 24/7, will only get down to 77 before it goes back up.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

If the actual unit is running and it will not cool below that there is likely another issue, can you confirm the whole unit is just running and running?