Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

My carrier debonair 450 A/C THERMOSTAT IS BLANK IT IS HARD

Customer Question

my carrier debonair 450 A/C THERMOSTAT IS BLANK IT IS HARD WIRED WITH NO BATTERIES
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: hAVE CHECKED FUSES TO AT AIR CONDITIONER THEY ARE GOOD NO BUTTONS ARE WORKING
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: IT WAS WORKING YESTERDAY
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

Things you need to check even if fuse is good make sure you have breaker on the indoor blower or furnace.

1- with a voltmeter set to AC, confirm you have 24 volts between t-stat wire terminal R and C

if you do replace t-stat.

If you dont, check for 24 volts at the control board in the indoor blower unit or furnace between terminal R and C.

if you dont check for 24 volts output side of transformer and 120v or 240 volts on the input side.