Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

I have a dual zone Klimaire KSIM20912-H216. I am licensed

Customer Question

I have a dual zone Klimaire KSIM20912-H216. I am licensed HVAC and installed this system. It cools some in Cool mode. Set to 62f, duct temp is 60f-65f on hi fan. In heat mode it does very little heating & will not go above low fan even when high is manually chosen. Does it just need evac and recharge? Is the correct amount of R410A 51 oz for this model?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.

It sure sounds like you may have gotten a unit with wrong charge or leaking unit. It would explain why the fan stays on low because heat is not satisfying the coil sensor.

Unit specify 51 oz. I would evac, micron test for leak, and recharge as you said, if in doubt inject a sealer. that should do it! Good luck..