Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Replacing an trane baystat 239 to a Honeywell RTH7600 : Not

Customer Question

Replacing an trane baystat 239 to a Honeywell RTH7600
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Not sure where the o and b wire would connect to the new system
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

Check down at the furnace or air handler, but I believe the B would go to B on furnace or air handler if it's a Trane unit and is your common. Really not needed on the new thermostat. If it's a heat pump system, O would go to O/B.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions. Remember, you can rate question at any point and still ask more questions (related to the same thing) later on. Experts prefer if you rate question at the end of our first chat.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's connected but it's not blowing cool air
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.

If you have a heat pump, you need to go into the setup menu and set system type to "heat pump".