Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My a/c is not working. The screen flashes HP and all the

Customer Question

My a/c is not working. The screen flashes HP and all the words are visible. Occasionally it flashes E-@
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I shut off all the equipment, including the breakers and left it for 20 min, hoping it would recycle
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: the thermastat keeps trying to reset itself, but then shuts down again.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

Sounds like a bad thermostat. Have you tried bypassing it?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Also, if you have make and model of thermostat, this will help me pull up information on it.