Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Just changed batteries in honeywell thermostat and it says

Customer Question

Just changed batteries in honeywell thermostat and it says wait
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: the thermostat batteries were dead
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I changed the batteries and was researching the wait issue and your chat popped up. I called our ac people and can't come until wednesday and it is hot. worth a try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, ac working fine before dead battery
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

How long has it been saying "wait"?