Sean, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner HVAC company
64612473

Unit is condensating terribly

Customer Question

Unit is condensating terribly
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Sean replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon. I'm one of the experts here.Where is the unit condensating ?
Expert:  Sean replied 7 months ago.
Also at the end please remember to rate me at the top so I can be paid for helping you but let's see what we can figure out first. Bare with me at times as im out working currently
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Out of drip tube
Expert:  Sean replied 7 months ago.
Are you able to take a picture possibly ?How's the air.coming out of vents ?Also what's temperature in your home.currently?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Coils are clean inside unit and outside unit. No obstruction in vent as filter is changed regularly. Also have hooked shop vac up to vents
Expert:  Sean replied 7 months ago.
Ok, so with that being said what kind of air temps you having out of your vents ? You can stick a meat thermometer in there if you have one.Also do you have a gas furnace or electric heat ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
60 downstairs maybe 58 upstairs. Is this a symptom of low freon?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We have gas heat
Expert:  Sean replied 7 months ago.
Well it could be..... is the drain clean?Any way you can snap a picture ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Drain is clean. What would you like a picture of? I've cleaned the outside coils, they were dirty. I believe condensation is coming from the coils on the inside unit. It's a Bryant. I thought the coils would be dirty but they were very clean. The condensation is coming from the coils on the inside unit(Bryant) out the drip tubes into the pan then down and out into the garage. Drip tube 3/4 inch pvc pipe. The one I. The garage pan is not showing any drip yet but I got up and cleaned everything this am.
Expert:  Sean replied 7 months ago.
It's not uncommon for condensation to happen on the A-Coil at the unit, hence why there is a pan to collect the water and the drain hose sends it out to a drain.Having an outside unit dirty can sometimes cause a freeze up of the coil and you get water all over..... coming out bottom and what not.
Expert:  Sean replied 7 months ago.
I'm home now from work so I'll be here to talk and answer all your questions.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Over night in an 8hr period it produced about 2 1/2 gallons which seems a bit excessive to me
Expert:  Sean replied 7 months ago.
Well a lot can factor into this..... humidity it was trying to pull out of house, and the temperature.I really wouldnt focus on the condensation as long as it's flowing normally and not freezing up.What your describing to be seems completely normal from what I see in the field daily.
Expert:  Sean replied 7 months ago.
Are we done or do you have any more questions. If were done please remember to rate my service
Expert:  Sean replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As it was warmer the last few days this just seemed ro be a lot of water coming out of drip tube
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Waiting for a bit today to go check pan on attic
Expert:  Sean replied 7 months ago.

Being in the attic in a Hot environment will cause it to draw more no doubt

Expert:  Sean replied 7 months ago.
what did we figure out
Expert:  Sean replied 7 months ago.

I would to get this resolved so we can close ticket out. If you need more help please let me know, please also.remember to rate me as it's how I'm paid for my time helping you and others

Expert:  Sean replied 6 months ago.