Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

I have a carrier infinity system and the ac is not working

Customer Question

I have a carrier infinity system and the ac is not working all the sudden. It is saying that the ac is off how do I turn it on?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The system status says the ac is off how do I turn it on?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

Tell me what make and model t-stat?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
carrier infinity system
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

carrier infinity video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlqelnYNKo0&ab_channel=CarrierComfortTeam

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ive seen that online. There is a thermal cutout in high stage message on the events screen that is when the ac stopped working
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

Cooling To select cooling, press the blue COOL button. Cooling is confirmed when the blue LED adjacent to the blue COOL button is lit. Cooling is operating when the blue LED is gradually pulsing on and off. (The LEDs can be turned off. For details, see ADVANCED SETUP – LIGHTING on page 30.) The programmed cooling temperature will appear in the lower right screen with the text, “COOL AT.”

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I know all that. I have the manual. The compressor is not turning on even though the cool led light is on. I have it set at 78 and it is 90 in here!
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

Then procedures are to take some voltage measurement at the out door unit, can you do that?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

You need a multi volt tester and locate the contactor in your AC unit outside and see it you get 24Volt when calling for cooling, |Attached is a picture of parts in question.

Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

Are you still there?