Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

We have a Rodgers thermostats but she. We run the program it

Customer Question

We have a white Rodgers thermostats but she. We run the program it changes to hear although we set to to cool?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Okay the model is a white Rodgers 1f97-1271 and I set the sense how make the entire week for cool but once I push the run program it changes to beat and I can't press the button to cool because once I press the Dunn program the only option is heat or off?
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: So I set schedule which has the cool option for all the days of the week. I then press run schedule and it says the system go to heat. I press the button but o my heat or off are the options. Which is weird because when I program the schedule it has the cool option?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello, tell me if you have a heat pump, that runs in the winter for heat, as well as cooling in the summer or not.

And a lot about your technical skills background so that I will know best how to coach you on this issue.

So far I think you have a heat pump and a bad coil in the units 4 way valve, OR... bad thermostat.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We have central air and heating and air-conditioning run on the same thermostat and air-conditioning fan is downstairs but the other unit is downstairs as well I'm on my computer technician so I'm pretty savvy with being able to figure things out