Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My Lennox boiler heats up and circulates just fine. Once.

Customer Question

my Lennox boiler heats up and circulates just fine. Once. after its initial cycle it must be reset (power cycled) to operate again. I have had the gas valve replaced, the ignition module replaced, and 2 zone valves replaced. I'm getting tired of throwing money at this thing. It's about 12 years old. Any ideas?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

There are a number of possibilities and they all would be pure speculation without some troubleshooting. The most common cause of this type of intermittent problem is a faulty motorized vent damper (if this boiler has one). Beyond that you need a multi meter and get back to me when the boiler in not responding to a call for heat. Then we can try some troubleshooting.