Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Lennox XP25 in my home, can you please tell me what

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Lennox XP25 in my home, can you please tell me what is meant when the screen says....."system is waiting" . What is it waiting for. I have noticed that when this is displayed the temperature in the house can go as much as 4 degrees above the preset cooling level of 75. This seems strange to me as I thought this system adjusted in less than 1 degree increments. Is there something I need to do in order to rectify this.
Thank you for your help.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.

That is a time delay feature to keep the system from short cycling (that is bad for the system), or it is a printed circuit board going bad, and issuing a bogus 'waiting' code.

Tell me if the 'waiting cycle' is the same each time, and about how long it is.... and tell me if this has only occurred in hot weather, never in cooler more moderate weather. (it could be a dirty condenser problem).

We can go from there.