Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a Frigidaire model far156mt1 window unit a/c. Had it

Customer Question

Hi I have a Frigidaire model far156mt1 window unit a/c. Had it running overnight, when I woke up this morning , it was off. I pushed the power button and there's no lights on the control panel. So I pushed the reset button on power cord, waited a few minutes, and still nothing. Any ideas?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I have no idea how old this unit is, it came with the house we just bought, looks kinda dirty, haven't really had time to clean it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello, those units will ice up if run over night in many cases.... first step will be to slide the unit of its wall sleeve and clean both coils using a foaming AC coil cleaner...

We can go from there