BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

Having an issue with a swamp cooler. Pump is wired to be on

Customer Question

Having an issue with a swamp cooler. Pump is wired to be on constantly. 2 speed motor of cooler is switched by flipping a light switch to start in low and then quickly flipping switch to switch to high. the issue is the cooler starts on low with no problem but when you flip to go to high, the motor will either not switch t0 high or if it does switch to high, it will switch back to low after a little while. I have replaced the relay in the cooler and the motor with same result.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 4 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying