Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Lennox CBH19-41 blower sitting horizontal in the

Customer Question

I have a Lennox CBH19-41 blower sitting horizontal in the attic. The blower is working but only warm air coming out. The unit outside is not turning on. I changed the dirty filter in the attic ceiling intake, but the thermostat is still showing the filter warning. Is there a filter on the blower unit itself in the attic?
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: I took the cover off the outside unit and cleaned it out, took off the side cover and found the capacitor wire had been rotting and was disconnected. I replaced both and still not firing up the unit outside.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 10 months ago.

Feel the top of the basket ball sized compressor inside the AC unit sitting outside, if its hot, then that capacitor with the corroded wire is most likely bad.

Let me know if you need coaching on doing that job or not, we can go from there.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
its not hot. I changed the capacitor and the hard start kit next to it.
Does the blower in the attic have a second filter besides the one that is in the hallway ceiling below it? The user manual shows rails and filters not included. I went into hot attic but couldn't get at the right side of the unit where the intake is
Expert:  Phil replied 10 months ago.

Regarding a second filter, the contractor could have chosen to install one, but generally not, one filter is the standard, two restricts the air flow.

The fact that the compressor is not hot AND the contactor is not pulling in, points to a problem in the 24volt control circuit... sometimes a lawn trimmer rodent cuts the wire that attaches the 24v to the outside unit... if that is in tact then the problem is in the electrical or electronic controls.

I can help you trouble shoot that, but it is beyond 'just an answer' and can take hours, tell me you want to try.. In that case I will submit a $30 trouble shooting offer, then after you accept that you can send me photo's of the units various wiring diagrams...

Let me know, we can go from there.