Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I have a RUUD gh Achiever Super Quiet 80 in my home. Years

Customer Question

I have a RUUD High Achiever Super Quiet 80 in my home. Years past the AC was working very well. Now... not so good. Have the LUXPRO PSPA722 thermostate set at 76 degrees AC, but can not keep the temp lower that 80 degrees. It is 85 degrees out side.
Does the AC need service? It is six years old.
If needed, do you have a local repair service to Ogden, Utah?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

It may be low on charge. Some other things to check: is furnace filter clean? Outside condenser coils clean (spray them down with pressurized water).

Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.

Ruud units have slanted fins where its difficult to see the condenser coil. It may be all clogged up with dirt.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.

Did you have any questions on this?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions. Remember, you can rate question at any point and still ask more questions (related to the same thing) later on. Experts prefer if you rate question at the end of our first chat.