Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

HOW DO i OVER RIDE THE SETTINGS IN MY UNIT : MY UNIT HAVE

Customer Question

hOW DO i OVER RIDE THE SETTINGS IN MY UNIT
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: MY UNIT HAVE PRESETTINGS TEMPERTAURES THAT IS SET AT 80 DEGREES..I LIVE IN FLORIDA. WHEN I RENTED MY HOUSE THESE SETTINS WERE ALREADY SET... I NEED TO OVERIDE THIS
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I HAVE A LUX UNIT PATENT NUMBER(###) ###-####
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Are you saying the unit (I assume a Lux thermostat) is programmed to 80 or that the thermostat is locked and you can't adjust the temp? On most models a small padlock is displayed if it's locked. I'll need the model number or a picture of the thermostat. You can post a picture here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button