Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My display is saying battery is low but I have changed the

Customer Question

my display is saying battery is low but I have changed the battery on the thermostat
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: its a Honeywell T81112D1005 thermostat. It says battery low. I replaced the battery and still says battery low. I would like to turn on the AC Unit but won't let me
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Everything was fine. AC is working fine but can't turn it on since the thermostat says battery low.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

Some things to try: try some different batteries and make sure they are alkaline. Check battery prongs, are they clean, making good contact and corrosion free.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Let me know what happens, please?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Did you have additional questions on this?