Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have Totaline model # P474-2300 REC and Totaline wireless

Customer Question

I have Totaline model # ***** REC and Totaline wireless transmitter P474-1100 RE. These were here when I purchased the home. Everything has been working since December 2015 and I have a temperature of the house set to 62 degrees. The temperature on the remote reads 73 degrees. No cool air is blowing out. On your troubleshooting tips it says for wireless thermostats to make sure model # ***** the thermostat matches the model # ***** the receiver, which as you can see above is not the case. However, it has been working since December. Could this be the problem?
Thank you.
Steve
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm living in Florida, it's hot, can you respond quickly?
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.

Hello, we need to do a few tests.

But first the bit of background information.... running the indoor air temperature in cooling mode, below 70F will result in icing the evaporator coil... then you will notice no air blowing from the vents, even though the indoor blower is still running.

Tell me if the copper tubes connected to the outside unit are iced or frosty.

We can go from there.