HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a lennox electric heat pump. The system kept blowing

Customer Question

I have a lennox electric heat pump. The system kept blowing the 3 amp fuse in the air handler in the attic. I had a professional service come out to fix and they informed me that there is a short in the wires from the condenser to the handler. I ran a new line and the system fire up and cold air flowed. For a day. Now the fan kicks on at the condenser but no cold air flowing in the house. On the condenser circuit board there is a red and green light flashing together. I am clueless as to what to do next.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 6 months ago.

Probably coinicidental about that wire .Sounds like a totally different issue. If outdoor fan is coming on it will have no relationship to the new wire.We are getting signal from air handler. What is model on outdoor?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is a problem. The sticker with that information has been removed. The air handler MN is cbx27uh. Is there an alternative place I might find the MN on the outside unit

The flashing lights are often normal.I am about to leave so I a going o open this to other experts.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

On the panel removed does that show as normal operation Red and Green Flashing together?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
both flashing together. I woke up this morning and turned it back on and now blowing cold. Something is wrong.

OK so now it is working?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It stayed on for 3 hours and now has stopped working again.

OK what pattern are the lights flashing?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They flash together at the same time. No pattern. A few seconds apart

Does that show NORMAL OPERATION on the sheet taped to the panel?

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.