Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a Lennox hotshot in my garage. I can't find a model

Customer Question

I have a Lennox hotshot in my garage. I can't find a model number. It was installed about 13 years ago. I used it for part of the first year until I came home for the fourth time with the garage open and the heater running full blast. Shut it off and haven't used it since. Now It doesn't seem to want to run. No power I think. the thermostat led shows nothing. Ideas as where to go now?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not really. Worked fine when it was shut off. I exercised all the gas valves. Took the cover off the thermostat and tightened the wires. I'm at the limit of my skill/knowledge now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Do you have a multi-meter?

Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

You'll need a meter to test for voltage to the unit and the control circuitry.