Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I have an outside unit (American Standard model

Customer Question

I have an outside unit (American Standard model #ATJ024A100A0, serial #E41254178) that has never given me a problem until yesterday. The fan starts with no problem, but when the compressor kicks on, it shuts the unit down. After 30-45 seconds the fan will start again until the compressor starts to kick on, then it shuts down again.
Any suggestions?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

When you say "fan starts with no problem" are you talking about the indoor fan or outdoor fan?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Tim,
It is the outside fan in the unit itself. Noticing cobwebs and leaves and such after pulling the fan and grill unit off, I used air pressure and blew the contacts and all wiring free of spider webs and debris and presto! Everything is working normal again. If I have any additional issues forthcoming I will return to the site to request advise.
Have a great weekend!
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions.