duane, Carpenter
Experience:  carpenter for 15 yrs ? 10 years own business

I have a Rinnai energy saver 550f 1416 which wont turn on.

Customer Question

Hi i have a Rinnai energy saver 550f 1416 which wont turn on. The light doesnt light up and there is no flame.
Have tried pulling it apart and clearing the flame sensor rod and vaccuuming the dust inside the heater unit. Nothing seems to be running. No fans, no flame, no heat
Category: HVAC
Expert:  duane replied 4 months ago.

Hi welcome to Just Answer .If after i finish with answering question if you need more assitance then just respond back to me and i will respond back ty.

hi well it sounds like your your fuseable link has blown since no operation at all ...if it were flame failure then it would re set after turn on and off but if link goes ithas to be serviced bye a service rep. so did unit get realy hot before this happened ?? because they work with over heat switch but it is a back up safty it usaly does not blow but is only thing that will make total no work other than no power to unit ?? ty\

Thank you for using Just Answer any further help needed just respond and i will respond back
please leave a good rating .For that is only way that i can get compensated for my time. Thank You Duane

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, it has been acting up for a bit.. so it sometimes works.. it was working on sunday and monday.. but nothing tuesday or wednesday. on thursday it lit for a bit then switched off.. sometimes if i tap the heater on top it would turn on... but since thursday nothing has worked
Expert:  duane replied 4 months ago.

well withthat going on then it would diffintly have to be serviced bye a service rep call your dealer or look online to find one but if you have been tapping to get to work there is somthing not making good connection circut so it will warrant a service call ty good luck

Expert:  duane replied 4 months ago.

hello just checking if you were able to get you unit fixed well good luck thank you for your time