HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have an indoor air conditioner that connects to the

Customer Question

I have an indoor air conditioner that connects to the window. It is very new but when I turn it on it does not cool the room. It is hooked up to the window properly. But it only blows room temperature air. On the bottom side it has this R410A input 820w cooling capacity 7000
model LP0711WNRY2
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

This could be a sealed system issue on the unit, make sure it is set to cool and verify the compressor is running on the unit. If it is and nothing is cooling it is likely out of freon. This would be a bigger repair for sure and not a DIY fix. If the compressor is not running and turning on the control could be bad, but it really depends on the compressor running or not.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I know if the compressor is running? it seems sealed fine, it is set to cool and it is running.

You will have to pull off the shroud to see if the fan is running. Since it is a sealed system with freon you will have to have a skilled tech service it. Based on what you are saying it sounds like it is out of gas.

If you have any further questions just let me know.