Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a Carrier thermidistat which has the arrow to left of

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Carrier thermidistat which has the arrow to left of the "cool" indicator flashing, and resets itself every 15 mins or so
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The inside unit is Carrier model # *****
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

we had a lighting strike here, this manual mentions a flashing arrow, I will look for more definitive information however and continue on with this for you

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello again, I will opt out, I am not finding what I was looking for on this, possibly another of our experts here is more familiar with that relatively uncommon model of a Carrier thermostat.

Expert:  Airheatman replied 4 months ago.

What do you mean by "It resets itself"?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it resets itself" meaning, I just changed the mode from Off to Cool. I heard two clicks in the thermidistat unit, a few seconds, and then the panel went dark and then came on in test mode where all the indicators and words on the lcd panel light up. It then goes back into the mode where mode is cool, and the "cool" indicator has the arrow to the left of it flashing. A few more minutes go by and the cycle repeats with neither the inside nor outside fans starting or even attempting to start. Changing Fan mode to "on" does successfully start the fan.