Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

2nd time I need to replace the coil in my ac unit. What

Customer Question

For the 2nd time I need to replace the coil in my ac unit. What would keep causing that
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Which coil are you replacing and the location of said coil?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need the horizontal drain pan replaced and they are saying you have to take coil out to get to drain pan so replacing then makes sense. There is dye in the system and he found dye in the drain pan and coil.

Ok that is very odd, do you have a lot of animals in your house...like cats?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have one dog and it is just me in the house. The heat pump thing is in the attic and I did have mice if they could have caused a problem

AHHHHH ok do you have an attic fan up there that runs in the summer? Also how cold does it get up there where you live?