HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

We have a commercial Carrier system and the thermostats are

Customer Question

We have a commercial Carrier system and the thermostats are locked. When I try to unlock them - holding the mode and arrow buttons at the same time - the screen goes blank except for an area with code numbers that can be changed. Some display nothing but short lines to enter code numbers; some display 19 99. Why won't it unlock?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the model thermostat?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Carrier Edge TP-PRH01.

Have you held them for 5 secs and does it still stay locked?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As soon as I hit any button it just displays the dashes where you enter two numerical codes. There are no numbers just dashes and I can arrow up or down to input a number. The left space goes up to 20. The right space goes up to 99. I think it is totally locked out because I remember the HVAC guy entering 21 in the right hand space which is the code for total lockout. What number goes in the left spot and which in the right? And once entered do I just hit done?

Go to this link pages 39-42

CLICK HERE