HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Inam a tech, and my customer have a icomfort with Lennox

Customer Question

Inam a tech, and my customer have a icomfort with Lennox xc21048, and the screen on the tstat keep going black, until they reboot it by killing the power switch, but after it cycle through it goes back blank with could cause this
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

The thermostat is bad nothing else would really cause that issue. You should verify power to the thermostat when it is blank though just in case it is losing power. Other than that replace the thermostat.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry what could cause it problem, and how would I begin to fix this issue, I'm here with my customer now
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

If the unit is power off after it cycles either the internal thermostat board is defective shutting down or you could actually be losing power to the thermostat, check between the R and C terminals for 24 volts when it is blank, if you have power there and it is blank and you have to reset it replace the thermostat.