Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

My name is Mariano. I purchased a Kuhl + 115-V EQ08 on

Customer Question

Hi my name is Mariano.
I purchased a Kuhl + 115-V EQ08 on 9/2015 Works fine, but about three day a ago I noticed the inside wall under the unit was wet. (We had a few rainy days )
The unit was installed on a 12" wide concrete block wall, over a about 1/2" thick wood
and the front shimmed.
The open spaces around the sleeve sealed on the inside with plaster and the out side
with white cement.
When I opened the front cover the filter was quite full with fur and dust (I have pets)
I put a new charcoal filter but the water in the tray under the filter gets full, but do not spills.
Do I need to remove the unit and cleaned out side? and if need to do that are there
special instruction, or there is some way to do it in place
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 5 months ago.

I recommend cleaning the entire unit at beginning of each season. The crud caused from the condensing process can build up preventing free flowing drain.Best to remove to do thoroughly