Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

I have a trane thermostat : i do not see any power on it :

Customer Question

I have a trane thermostat
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: i do not see any power on it
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: its getting started by itself after a day or soo
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: and it works for a day again
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

More than likely you blew the low voltage fuse on the control board in the furnace, that fuse supplies power to the thermostat. There should be a 3-5 amp slot or bus style fuse on the board in the furnace. Check that and change it out if it is bad.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!