Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I changed batteries in my thermostat and it reads centigrade

Customer Question

I changed batteries in my thermostat and it reads centigrade and I cannot reset to farenheit
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have ac thermostat not connected to heat.I changed batteries and it reads centigrade and I cannot reset it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: No ac unit is brand new but thermostat was here when I bought house
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the make and model of the thermostat?