Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.

XL80 not cooling : Blowing normal air while thermostat seems

Customer Question

XL80 not cooling
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Blowing normal air while thermostat seems to work
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: Not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

Sorry to hear about your issues with your AC. Tell me, is the outside unit running when you call for air conditioning?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The XL80 unit runs ... The furnace, not sure if there is a separate unit for AC?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.

This would be your condenser, your outside unit I am asking about.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.

I have to leave for a bit, but if you can check on this and let me know, we can proceed from there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't think there is one, Tim. At least I haven't seen one, not sure if XL80 has ability to cool or would it need a separate unit?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Central AC consists of two parts. A furnace or air handler inside that blows air through the house, AND an outside unit that is what cools the house. Need to know if outside unit is running.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions. Remember, you can rate question at any point and still ask more questions (related to the same thing) later on. Experts prefer if you rate question at the end of our first chat.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** no more questions.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

OK, please don't forget to positively rate my service as that's how experts get paid. Have a great night.