Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have 10 ton rooftop unit.changed 2 compressors 5 ton each

Customer Question

i have 10 ton rooftop unit.changed 2 compressors 5 ton each in restaurant. if the the morning in rest 78 and i set the thermostat to 70 the two compressors will work to bring the temp 70 but once there is load from cooking and door opening throughout lunch the temp reaches 75 and second compressor is not operating, i have to turn off the system and restart in30 to 45 min .please help
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello, this is something that will take instruments and some considerable electrical skills do diagnose... tell me a lot about your skill sets. And if none of that is in your bag of tricks, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will look for a well rated commercial HVAC contractor that can fix you up.

Meantime tell me the both compressors run in the morning when you are pre-cooling the restaurant.

I need to know the size of the restaurant.

I need to know how many customers are there at peak hours.

and I need to know about how old the restaurant is, and how often its air filters have been changed in the past.

Take you time, I need every bit of that information to help you, we can go from there.