BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

Maybe you can help. last few days the lineset as well as the

Customer Question

Hello! Maybe you can help. For the last few days the lineset as well as the coils are completely freezing over causing out air conditioner to stop working.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: There is no airflow restrictions. Compressor and the fan both turn on.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: tested the breaker and we have 120 coming out of each pole
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 4 months ago.

you issue is not mechanical but is likely related to refrigerant level.

When the unit freezes it is either diminished air flow, which you say is ok...or the unit is low on freon.

You will need to have gages put on unit to check the refrigerant level.

As mentioned only things do this...air related or refrigerant related....