BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

I have an old Intertherm furnace I need to service. There

Customer Question

I have an old Intertherm furnace I need to service. There are no obvious cleaning ports. There is however a round port that has the viewing glass. It seems that is sealed with furnace cement. Is it worth removing that to try to clean the heat exchanger through that port? See attached pictures.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also the nozzle is very black. However, I'm not sure how to check if it needs more air since I can't find a hole to insert the analyzer.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 4 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi I still need help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please help

these are tough to set up properly.

Most of the set up is sight on the flame because this unit uses a pipe inside a pipe exhaust. The center is exhaust and intake is the outer pipe. So if you drill into vent you drill into outdoor air section first...then into exhaust. For this reason it is a pain but analyzer is used at exhaust exit outside.

You can set oil pressure ok..but checking draft and CO on this unit is a challenge.