Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Lennox air conditioner not cooling upstairs but AC tech here

Customer Question

lennox air conditioner not cooling upstairs but AC tech here twice and said nothing wrong. 3 years old worked fin other hotter summers. 81 inside 83 outside.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: along with no cooling today the air conditioner has gone off for a few moments - thermostat setting blinking, then gone back on again in 3 to 5 minutes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: the air is cool but it is not reaching the upstairs. the unit is only 3 years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.

Hello, tell me a lot about your technical skill sets so that I can coach you most effectively... and tell me please if the upstairs has always been a problem or if this is an entirely new phenomena.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the upstairs is always a little warmer but never uncomfortable. This is a new problem. I am completely untechnical.
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.

Its most likely a sticky damper or low on refrigerant problem.

Tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will get you a short list of well rate HVAC service outfits in your area.