Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My AC is not working upstairs. I have two zones and one of

Customer Question

My AC is not working upstairs. I have two zones and one of the zones is solid red. How do I get it to turn green?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I turned on the AC about a week ago. It was working just fine. Then it asked for batteries to be changed in one of the thermostats. I changed them, then yesterday I noticed that it was not getting cool. Today it's 80 inside the house and the thermostat is set to 73
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I went to the garage closet to look at where the zones electronic things are and one light on one of the zones is red and the other is green
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello, there is a defect that needs to be diagnosed and then repaired in order to get the light to turn green.

Tell me a *lot about your technical skills and I can coach you accordingly or if none of this is in your bag of tricks tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will locate a few well rated air conditioner service outfits for you