Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Wow I have a raypak pool heater m336a and I get and error on

Customer Question

Wow I have a raypak pool heater m336a and I get and error on the display rol - doing to online reading it looks like a over limit switch and it has a reset but I cannot find it on the heater
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: I think
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: the part number is *****
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Ok, an ROL error is a rollout not a hi limit error. The rollout sensor (see attached pic) is located just above and out side the burner chamber. You can't reset it. If it trip it has to be replaced. You can confirm it's the sensor and not a bad board or a bad connection by first turning off the power to the unit then connecting the 2 leads on the sensor together then turn the power back on. If i fires up you need to replace the sensor.