HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I went to move my Series FocusPRO® 5000 thermostat and now

Customer Question

I went to move my Series FocusPRO® 5000 thermostat and now it seems to have no power. I took pictures of the wires so not to miss wire but it shows nothing on the screen unless I add batteries. Please help
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

What likely happened is the low voltage fuse in the furnace or airhandler blew. There typically is a SLOT STYLE 3-5AMP FUSE on the board itself inside the furnace/airhandler like this.

CLICK HERE

If that is burned out all power to the thermostat will be lost. 95% of all units use some sort of SLOT FUSE or inline BUS STYLE FUSE to protect the low voltage circuit. You need to find that and change it out. If you just bump two wires together you could have just popped it without even knowing it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a split unit. Half in my attic and the other outside. Where would I find this fuse on the unit (s)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

It would be in the attic that is where the airhandler is and the board should be.