Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a masterstat thermostat mastercool and the motor went

Customer Question

I have a masterstat thermostat for my mastercool and the motor went out on the cooler. now everything is put back together but can't get it to turn on.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have no power on thermostat and no lights in control box on roof.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no it was working before the motor shut down the unit.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello, if you have the full model number of the cooler and if its not too old i can look up the wiring diagram and coach you on how to do the diagnosis.

Or if you can find the systems wiring diagram take a close up, very very well focused and well lit picture of it and send it to me...Use the paper clip icon at the right end of your tool bar for that, or the 'attach files' link to the left of your send button.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for the response. I have been able to get it running with some instructions my son downloaded. I don't know why it was dead but went back thru all wiring and pushed and held mode on the thermostat and all is good.Thanks Jon
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Good work, stay in touch if needed.