Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

My T1800 thermostat went blank, so my my at conditioner

Customer Question

My T1800 thermostat went blank, so my my at conditioner won't work?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

You need to check the fuse on the control board inside the furnace or airhandler. There should be a SLOT STYLE fuse like this CLICK HERE if that is blown or out that thermostat will be blank. Check for that inside the furnace or airhandler and replace it with a new one. If it continues to blow one of the thermostat wires is shorted somewhere.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!