Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Have zone perfect plus system with 355MAV FURNAVE AND 598BNX

Customer Question

Have Bryant zone perfect plus system with 355MAV FURNAVE AND 598BNX condenser. Two questions towards end of heating season furnace exhaust smelled as if not fully combusted. Is this a air/gas adjust,net issue? Now it's cooling season. System worked fine the first couple of times but won't go on now. Breaker ok and condenser is getting power. Is there some sort of reset button or is this a repair issue? System installed 2002 and serviced twice yearly by Bryant folks.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Yes. Condenser was run for 30-60 min with the top fan winter cover in place. Sides were not covered. Gas company paid us a visit when neighbor complained of gas smell. Gas Co tech said it was incomplete combustion from my exhaust vent.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Technician HVAC replied 4 months ago.
Good evening, im one of the experts here, lets get started on this. However please remember to rate me when satisfied as thats how I am paid for helping.Now regarding the heat, this is something that needs to be corrected. This can be very done with a combustion analyzer which any decent size company should have, this way they can.get the exact setting to tune it!Now the AC. Did you check for 24v at the contactor?
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

with twice yearly service, it will be a good idea to call the service company. they should have reduced rates for customers such as yourself that pay for twice yearly service.

Call them and tell me they say if their rate is over $50 for the service call... we can go from there.