HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Kenmore Down Draft blower model 23359946090, blower goes up

Customer Question

Kenmore Down Draft blower model *********** blower goes up when you turn it on and then goes back down and turns off
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

I am not sure what is wrong it should go up when turned on and down when off?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It turns off as soon as it goes up, it will not stay up, when You press the start button the blower goes up, gets to its full height, the blower motor turns on, then the blower immediately goes back down and motor stops

OK you likely have a control board issue, can you get to the control board on the unit?