Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We installed a honeywell thermostat in the fall. We put the

Customer Question

We installed a honeywell thermostat in the fall. We put the ac on this week and it's not working. The fan came on immediately when we switched it to cool but the ac does not run
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Just switched from heat to cool. Thermostat under status says heat stage off, cool stage 1 on, fan on. We are not getting cool air and the air conditioner outside is not working
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 months ago.

hello,

can you tell me how the thermostat is wired with what color wire to what terminal?