Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

I have a Honeywell Chronotherm III thermostat. It just keeps

Customer Question

hello pearl. I have a Honeywell Chronotherm III thermostat. It just keeps flashing and does not respond. Both heat and cooling stopped working, however, when I switch the fan on - the fan works. any idea what's going on?
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: that is all I am aware of that is problematic
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

1. Shut off power to you furnace or indoor blower.

2. Pull out the thermostat from the bottom. 3. Lift the thermostat up and off the base and replace batteries.

3. Restore power to furnace or indoor blower.

4. If Display flashes during operation. ■ Programming has been lost because of a power outage. You must reprogram.

5. If all these steps failed to resolve problem.. Replace Thermostat.