BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Have a baxi solo 30 boiler that is constantly tripping. Red

Customer Question

Have a baxi solo 30 boiler that is constantly tripping. Red light on middle of and green on which says ignition fault. Electrodes have just been replaced so it isn't them. Plumber has reply bed system to separate into 4 zones. Had problem both before and I after reply Bing but worse now.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so. Boiler is regularly serviced but this problem has been happens for years
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, yes I would still like some suggestions re the boiler issue

The biggest causes for ignition fault are:

Low gas pressure

dirty burner

dirt flame sensor

bad ignitor

Since it happens sometimes and not others I would rule out ignitor. I would use steel wool on all the ignition/metal parts at burner. as well, clean/blow out the burner. As far as pressure, you would need to call for service

Soeme of these also have a screen for the intake air that can become plugged/dirty which inhibits air flow.