Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have the evolution connex thermostat without wi fi. The

Customer Question

I have the bryant evolution connex thermostat without wi fi. The "cool" setting is not available anymore (it's grayed out) i pulled the faceplate off and all 4 wires are connected. I also entered the setup mode by holding the hat icon but im really not sure what im looking at. Any suggestions on what i can try next?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.

Did you replace the Batteries?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Batteries? In the thermostat? There are no batteries needed. The display works and im able to choose the heat and fan only options under the mode menu but the auto and cool options are grayed out
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

I will let another expert help you

Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

Go down to your furnace or air handler connected to this and find the power switch. Shut off for approximately 20 min, then turn back on. If you can't find a power switch, use circuit breaker. Let me know if this changes anything?