Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

Trying to replace honeywell thermostat with honeywell wifi

Customer Question

trying to replace honeywell thermostat with honeywell wifi thermostat on Lennox merit series furnace.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: between the c wire and r wire I get 4v ac.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: r and y is 24v. also r and w is 24v.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Where does your C wire go in the furnace?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
To the C terminal.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please see the picture and page 32 of the furnace has the circuit for the furnace.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
page 32 of the furnace reference manual' I meant.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
are you referring to the photo and the manual I sent?
shall I wait for you or check back after some time?

If you check there from C to R at the furnace do you have 24 volts?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Spending lots of time and frustrated. My friend has the multi-meter and he took it back.
I quit this project, and I do not need your help.
Thank you.

ok no problem Have a Happy Memorial Day Weekend

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!