HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a trane series R commercial chiller. It is stopping

Customer Question

I have a trane series R commercial chiller. It is stopping on "Low Oil at Compressor". we do not have a manual. Where do we need to add oil?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

You may have a defective oil switch have you checked it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not only do we not have a manual, but I have no prints either. There are several switches on the machine. Can you guide me to either the correct switch, or where it terminates in the control panel? However, there appears to be oil under/around the machine....

OH boy so you have oil around the unit? If so that is not good at all. You have to source the leak it is very likely low on oil and something may have cracked or sprung a leak you really need to find that as that is the issue 100%

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!