Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

I have an Amada central unit with a Honeywell minizone and

Customer Question

I have an Amada central unit with a Honeywell minizone and the downstairs Ac will not turn off by itself even tho the temp is way below the set temp. The downstairs also blows cold air if the upstairs comes on. I can turn the thermostat off and it will turn off but otherwise it will run continuously only downstairs. I swapped the thermostats several times and same result regardless of which thermostat is where.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
After more investigation, the upstairs damper was stuck closed so it would stay running trying to cool the upstairs. That is fixed but all of the downstairs dampers all on 1 zone are not closing. So air will blow downstairs also If the upstairs zone is on. Basically the downstairs zone dampers are not closing even when the Ac cuts off after reaching temperature. I'm assuming maybe it's the board because there are probably 4 dampers not reacting even though the lights on the board say that zone has cut off.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Based on the issue you are having the control board is bad and not controlling the dampers. That happens a lot, replace the board and you should be good to go. You should be able to get one from HVACUSAPARTS.COM

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!