Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

I just bought a house, so bear with me here.. I'm having

Customer Question

I just bought a house, so bear with me here..
I'm having some issues with my Central AC. This is the first time I use it after unwinterizing it.
My questions are:
1. Is the noise the condenser is making normal (See video)
2. Why is the AC not blowing enough air? I noticed the air is blowing at usual speed in only 1.5 rooms. However, the rest of the outlets in the house only get 10% of the usual air. Is there a way to manually force the AC to increase the blower output?
3. How do you control the temp? All the thermostats have a Fan ON/AUTO/OFF and a temp control as to when the AC should turn on. However, there are no TEMPS for the AC. Is this not doable with a central AC?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
forgot to attach the video..
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That sounds like the compressor may be bad and not pumping, that unit likely uses a scroll compressor and that does not sound good at all. You will need this checked out right away, hopefully it is saveable, but it may need to be replaced.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!